Sunday, April 24, 2011

4 A.M.

Thunder woke me up from my sleep. My first thought was how I wouldn't B so scared if she were with me... N this piece came to B. First poem in months so I guess I should thank her for bringing back the creative juices...


"Why can't I just B numb to
The feeling of wanting you??
I want to rip my heart out,
Wanna drown out the thoughts of doubt
Just to get rid of the pain,
Cause 'I can't stand the rain'...for various reasons.
If I could sleep for days, I would
Why haven't I moved on?? I should...
Have never taken the chance again,
Should've never moved past being friends,
Now look at us.
The girl that I used to trust... with my heart is gone.
And here I am, all alone.
Thinking heavy thoughts in the early morn,
Funny how that sounds exactly like mourn...
Cause I'm there. Morning should bring sunlight, brightness, laughter.
But my Mourning is burdened with thoughts of 'Happily Never After'...
If I could go back to that very first kiss,
After experiencing this?
I doubt I'd walk away;
Instead, I'd try even harder just to make you stay.
Knowing deep down in my heart that would B the stupid thing to do,
But that within itself should tell you just how much I love you."


-Brown Sugar©

No comments:

Post a Comment