Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Unspoken Thoughts"

"Lend me your ear, sit back, take a listen
While I try to explain the way you make my heart quicken
How making you smile is making me fall so hard
How is it that you can just come in and knock down all my guards??
Honestly, for you I wouldn't mind Cupid's love game
And it soothes my soul to know you feel the same
Right now, if you asked, I'd give you the world,
How ecstatic I'd be if I could be called your girl.
Your terms of endearment give me such a warm sensation,
This feeling is of major proportion, of such a huge calibration.
At times, I wish I could fully call you mine
But for now, you belong to me, if only in my mind
Can I have all of you, right here, right now, for the night??
'Cause when I'm with you, it all feels so right...
Don't worry, I promise I'm one you can trust,
Never would I betray you, I care way too much.
I tried to come into this with 'no expectations, no disappointments'
To no avail, with you I feel only contentment.
I enjoy this feeling, the feeling that you care
To the point that my heart to you, I would bare.
So many things about you that I cherish,
From your laugh to your attitude to your company, which I relish.
Real talk, I could be your ride or die
But we don't necessarily have to be like Bonnie N Clyde.
See, that term seems so damn cliche'
And doesn't even begin to encompass the way...
That I feel about you.
Man oh man, all the things I'd do,
Go over and under, above and beyond
To make sure that pretty face is never graced with a frown.
That's not quite it, but for now you've seen
Just how much of an effect you have on me..."

-Brown Sugar©

2 comments: