Monday, May 17, 2010

"The End Of A Bruised N Broken Chapter"

"Everyday that goes by, my future's getting clearer,
What we had before is dim like fading pictures.
And although the memories remain,
I can now accept that you & I will no longer be the same.
Who's to blame??
This question will forever rack my brain,
As well as many others that are in the same frame.
I've come to terms with the fact that our chapter is done,
After too many nights of crying alone.
Sometimes I take a minute, sit and look back
On our very final act
And my emotions start to take over...
Can't say I don't miss you as a lover,
But whatever,
Can't dwell on that section forever.
Is it wrong to think of you as the clouds that blocked my sun's rays??
And now that you're out of the way,
I can fully enjoy a brighter day.
As I write this, raindrops fill my windowpane
And yes, it does reflect an inner pain.
My heart is having the hardest time laying you to rest
But I must ignore it's cries, right now it's second best.
You see, my head makes sense when it states that if I never let you go
The joys of another I'll never know...
So I bid you adieu, farewell, goodbye,
From this bruised and broken heart of mine."

-Brown Sugar©

No comments:

Post a Comment