Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Dear Lover" II

"Dear Lover,

You might think I've changed, but I swear it's for the better
So I've decided to write you this sentimental letter.
See, I've gone out of my way to forget about my past
So that if we do have something, it'll be able to last,
I promise with you I won't make the same mistakes
This is one promise I assure you I won't break.
Know that I'll trust in you no matter what,
Cause I don't wanna rewind the hands of that clock...
I'll stand there beside you, through thick and through thin,
And when temptation calls, know I'll never give in.
Communication is key, and I've been working on it
And I gotta say, I think I've improved a bit.
My patience has grown, to my satisfaction
Although as of yet, I haven't put it in action.
Dear lover, dear lover, whomever you may be
I only ask one simple thing of thee:
Take me as I am, although you may not always understand,
So that when I'm down, I know I can always reach out and grab hold of your hand...

Sealed With A Kiss,
Yours Truly"


-Brown Sugar©

No comments:

Post a Comment